TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Prerequisites for joining the 200 hour SYM Yoga Teacher Training Program: Students should have been practicing yoga for 2 years before embarking on a teacher training course.
Booking : A deposit of € 500 is required to secure a place on this teacher training course and should be paid at the time of the booking. See Training Costs and Refund Policy for further details. The balance is due on arrival.
What is included in the fee:
- 70% of training and assessment by Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP) certified SYT (Senior Yoga Teacher) and 30 % of training is delivered by additional specialist teachers.
- Comprehensive yoga teaching resources: Asana Workbook Manual, Training Manual and Anatomy and Physiology Textbook.
- Yoga Mats, blocks and props are provided during the course.
- Certification: SYM, YAI and YAP
During the Course:
Students are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct during their training(See below).
The minimum attendance is 95% of the course.
Any additional absences must be made up with the SYT and this may incur an additional cost.
Registration and Payment Policy
- Your reservation on the course is confirmed upon payment of the € 500 deposit to the SYM-Ltd bank account in the UK. We shall send you the bank transfer details after receiving your registration form.
- The remaining balance is due on arrival and can be paid by bank transfer (or cash).
Cancellation of Course:
- In the unlikely event that the Teacher Training Course is cancelled, all students will receive a full refund of all payments within 7 working days of cancellation.
- SYM Yoga reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the delivery of the teacher training.
- Deposits are not refundable.
- Should a student decide to withdraw from the course within the first 4 days he/she will receive half of the total course fee, or will be presented the option to come back at a later date to complete their training with SYM Yoga.
In the event that a student should decide to withdraw after the 4th day of his/her yoga training the training fee is not refundable, however the option remains to return at a later date to complete the training. Additional training fees for completion of the course are at the discretion of the SYT.
- SYM-LTD can not be held responsible for any other costs incurred preparing for a cancelled course including airline or train tickets, health insurance or loss of work.
- Please make sure you have full travel insurance or bring along your European Health Insurance card.
Students are responsible for their own health throughout the program. The student is expected to maintain normal health physically and mentally.
SYM Yoga recognises that complaints are an important part of customerís feedback and an integral part of improving SYMís Yoga training programs. SYM vows that:
- All complaints will be investigated fully and fairly.
- Complaints will be dealt with in confidence. The only exception to this is when others could be put at risk by matters referred to in the complaint.
If the complainant is not happy with the result of the response to the complaint, they will have the right to appeal to Yoga Alliance Professionals.
The complaints procedure enables SYM Yoga to respond clearly and properly to complaints and to know when and why people are not satisfied with its services and courses, so that they can improve them.
Complaints about your Teacher Training Course
There are two stages that you can follow to try to resolve the issue
- Stage One:
- Speak to the individual(s) concerned and try to resolve the complaint informally on the day to reach a mindful and satisfying conclusion. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received, try to resolve the issue by following stage two.
- Stage Two:
- Outline the details of your complaint by letter or email and send it to the person who will investigate the complaint, SYM Yoga Lead Teacher, SYT. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days from the date it is received. The response will contain the following information:
- Name of the person who will investigate the complaint.
- The date(s) that the incident happened.
- What support you can expect to receive during the process of the complaint.
- An expected response date in fairness to all parties and to ensure the investigator is able to investigate the complaint in an open and meaningful way, your anonymity can not be guaranteed. In exceptional cases, however, where a child or vulnerable adult is involved, in accordance with national guidelines and good practice the identity of individuals at risk will be protected. When the person(s) who are dealing with the complaint, have had an opportunity to review it, they will write to the tutor or person about whom the complaint has been made. The letter will outline the main elements of your complaint and ask for a full written response.
- At this point, if further relevant information comes to light, you may be asked for your comments to ensure the investigator has a balanced understanding.
- When your response has been received, the investigator will consider all the information available to them and make a decision.
The response will include the following information:
- Details of the investigation.
- A decision about whether the complaint was upheld or not.
- The re-dress, if appropriate, which will be offered to you, for example, an apology, additional help or directing you to other sources of advice or support.
- Any other action that may be taken in light of the complaint.
- If it is not possible to provide a full answer to your complaint within 30 working days, the letter will outline reasons why and give a date by which a full answer is expected.
Code of Conduct
A warm welcome to SYM Yoga's 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. We hope you enjoy the course and find it both inspiring and transformative. In order to maintain high standards and ensure that we keep our good reputation, it is important that you reach a certain minimum standard. Whenever we feel that this is not the case, we will talk to you personally and try to put things right. In addition to formally assess the practicum, assessment is on a continuous basis throughout the duration of the course and you will receive feedback on your progress. Students who do not meet the required standards will need to improve in those areas in need of development and demonstrate that they have done this, before being issued with a certificate. In the case that a student does not meet the minimum requirements at the end of their training, they may come back at a later date to demonstrate their relevant improvements. All successful students can be registered on our database of accredited teachers.
As a student of SYM Yoga's 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program, I agree to uphold the ethical guidelines set forth in the following Code of Conduct:
- Please be punctual and arrive for classes on time and ready.
- I understand that the yoga teacher training is a demanding 3 week experience and that my health is my own responsibility. SYM-Ltd cannot be held responsible if a student injures him/herself in training or otherwise. SYM Yoga training makes every effort to insure the safety and care of each student.
- I understand that I should respect all staff members, my fellow students and the local community.
- I understand that I am expected to keep my living quarters clean during the duration of my course.
- I will be attentive, humble, receptive and patient throughout the course.
- I understand and will not question the credibility of any teacher.
- I understand that certification is solely under the discretion of the teachers.
- I will participate in all my Karma Yoga activities.
- All participants are asked to communicate with the staff if a problem arises to help reach a mindful conclusion.
- I understand that I should wear preferably plain white clothes with no logos or designs, blue and yellow is also ok.
- Final certification is subject to a minimum of 95% participation of all classes, teaching supervised classes and passing the final written exam.
I, the student hereby agree to the following:
- That I am participating in the SYM 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course offered by SYM-Ltd during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga, physical exercise or health.
- I recognise that exercise requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the course, health programs or workshops offered by SYM-Ltd.
- I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition, which would prevent my full participation in these yoga classes, health programmes or workshops.
- If I am pregnant I understand that I participate fully at my own risk and that of my unborn child/children.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the SYM 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course, health programmes or workshops.
- I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the programmes offered by SYM-Ltd.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga classes, health programmes or workshops, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against SYM-Ltd or the instructor for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in these programmes.
- I understand that from time to time during yoga classes, the instructor may physically adjust studentsí form and posture. If I do not want such physical adjustments, I will so inform the instructor at each class I attend.
- I also acknowledge that if I do wish to receive such adjustments, it is my responsibility to inform the instructor when an adjustment has gone as far as I desire at that time.
- I hereby take full and sole responsibility from any liability of loss or damage to personal property associated with yoga classes or any other events.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue SYM Ltd or its employees for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts. I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents.